Credentials may include government issued licenses or certifications from education providers such as US Sailing or American Sailing Association. All credentials are verified either by Charter Rode directly contacting the issuing authority and verify the details of your credential, or the issuing authority will verify credential directly.
To add new credentials to your Charter Rode Trusted Sailing Resume, you will need:
- Access to the credential itself in digital or hard copy form.
- A smart phone or other means to take digital pictures of your credential and other supporting documentation.
- A verified and active Charter Rode Account.
Adding a Credential
- Navigate to the Resume Screen.
- Select the Credentials tab.
- Tap the Add Credential button on the top-right side of the Credentials Section.
- Select the Credential Authority (Issuing Authority) for your credential.
- Select the license or certification from the Your Credential drop down.
- Complete the additional information required for your credential which may include issued date, expire date, license number or other information required to verify your credential.
- Upload clearly legible, fully in frame, and clearly visible and complete photos as required for your credential in the spaces provided.
- Certify that the information provided is accurate.
- Tap the Add Credential button.
As either Charter Rode will contact the issuing authority or the issuing authority will verify your credential on the Sailing Resume Blockchain directly, please allow for up to 7 - 10 business days for the credential to be verified and added to your resume.
There are no CRT transaction fees for adding credentials. Once a credential is verified, it will immediately appear on your resume and the transaction in your logbook will be in either the Unconfirmed or Confirmed status.